Location: MEETING POINT - DOCA DE FARO
Unfortunately, there is no seats available at this specific time. Please pick up another date or time.
Rent a kayak in the Algarve from Faro to explore Ria Formosa
If you like kayaking, we have available a kayak rental service in the Algarve to do your own kayak tour in the Ria Formosa from Faro.
We have several models of kayaks available for hire for all who want to go kayaking and explore the magnificent area of Ria Formosa lagoon and visit the islands of this beautiful Natural Park.
Have a rest in one of its beaches and make the most of these idyllic places where you can take a short walk through the beach, sun bath, take a dip in crystalline waters and marvel at the variety of shells that decorate the dune.
Come along on a kayak trip and explore Ria Formosa paddling with your family and friends.
You'll discover one of 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal and it will be a great day out.
The kayaks are available for hire in Faro and we have single and double kayaks available. You can choose a full-day, half-day, or 2.5-hour kayak hire (depending on option selected).
They're Rotomod sit-on-top, safe, comfortable and easy gliders models. You don't need to have previous experience to enjoy all the sensations you can live on board a kayak.
To make your adventure more comfortable, we have also kayaking accessories available for hire:
To make your kayak trip, even more comfortable.
• Additional cost of 5,00 € / backrest
So you can bring everything you need and keep it dry.
• Additional cost of 7,50 € / waterproof barrel
• Full-day, half-day, or 2.5-hour kayak hire (depending on option selected)
• Life vests
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• Not suitable for non-swimmers.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Safety comes first, always wear your safety vest while you’re kayaking.
• To make the most of your experience, before the start of your kayak rental ask our team for a map and information about the weather forecast, the itineraries and recommended routes according to the weather conditions, navigation, tides, winds, and currents.
• Rentals are subject to its own terms conditions.
• The customer must present an identification (e.g. passport or driving license) and leave it on the office as a safety rental warranty. You will need to leave an ID with us for each kayak that is rented.
• The pick-up and delivery of the rented equipment should be performed in the same location.
• All equipment available for hire is subject to regular maintenance and cleaning.
• Technique assistance (or other) to problems that may come forth during the period of rental is not included on the amount paid.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your instructor, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our skippers deem this advisable.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
- Bookings of activities and/ or services may be done in a proper form on the website, by email, by phone, through authorized agents and/ or Formosamar, Lda Points of Sale.
- For groups of 20 or more participants, bookings should be done as soon as possible and at least 24 hours prior to the date of activity and/ or service.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
Cancellations and No Shows
- Formosamar reserves the right to cancel the activity and/ or services by reasons which fall outside the responsibility of the company. We cannot be held responsible for cancellations due to the following reasons: natural disasters, climate conditions, system failures or any other circumstances beyond the company's control and also whenever the safety and integrity of participants, equipment and/ or goods is at risk. The client will be fully refunded, without any compensation or indemnity.
- The cancellation of an activity and/ or services by the participant may be done through a proper form on the website, by email or by phone up until 24 hours prior to the start of the activity and/ or services.
- For groups of 10 or more participants, the cancellation of an activity and/ or services may be done through a proper form on the website, by email or by phone up until 48 hours prior to the start of the activity and/ or services.
- If the cancellation does not comply with the requirements above, the activity and/ or service will be charged at the full rate.
- Once the activity and/or service has started, with the agreement of the participants and the safety and integrity of participants, equipment and/ or goods is not at risk, in the event of a request from the participant(s) to stop or interrupt it due to wind, temperature, rainfall, waves or other factors beyond the company's control, no refund, indemnity or compensation will apply and the activity and/ or service will proceed its usual course.
- In the case of equipment rental, cancellations should be done up until 24 hours prior to its start, otherwise it will be charged at the full rate. In case of deliberate cancellation by the client, Formosamar will charge the period of use of the equipment or its minimum rental period.
- The rental and hire of equipment and/ or goods is subject to its own terms and conditions.
- In the event of no show, the full amount charged is non-refundable.
Use of boats and/ or equipment
- Formosamar reserves the right to change the boats and/or equipment to carry out the activity and/ or service, due to system failures or adverse weather conditions. In that case, another boat and/ or equipment will be used and we will charge the rate and/or prices previously agreed.
Meeting Point and Departure Time
- The meeting point and the departure time are indicated on the voucher or on the booking confirmation document.
- Delay of the participants may imply an exclusion from the activity. To prevent the latter from happening please be so kind to be at the designated meeting point on time. There is a maximum tolerance of 10 minutes.
- Departure time is subject to changes due to weather conditions, system failures or any other other circumstances beyond the company's control.
- Whenever a stop or free time is planned during the activity, the crew, skipper and/ or tour guide will inform you of the following location and time of departure. Please be at the location 5 minutes before the announced time of departure.
- Formosamar reserves the right to suspend a participant from a activity if the times of departure are not respected. In this case no refund or compensation is available.
- Formosamar reserves the right to suspend a participant from an activity and/ or service if the participant has no physical condition to carry it out or if the participant does not respect the safety recommendations and instructions.
Itineraries and information in website, catalogs, leaflets, brochures and other material
- The itineraries and the exact timings at the several points of the activity and/ or service are only indicative. They are subject to change due to weather conditions and/ or the physical conditions of the participants and can be amended if the person representing Formosamar deem this advisable.
- The schedules of departures and arrivals, durations and itineraries of the activities and/ or services are subject to change without prior notice due to safety and security determined by weather conditions, winds, tides and/or any other circumstances beyond the control of Formosamar, Lda.
Code of Conduct
- Formosamar, Lda. promotes ecotourism activities and nature tours of natural, cultural and environmental interest. We expect our guests and participants to respect the visited natural areas and the local lifestyles. We respect and follow the guidelines of the ICNF's code of conduct and we reserve the right to suspend or cancel an activity if we find the participants' behavior is in conflict with this philosophy and code of conduct.
Photos and videos
- During the course of our activities and/ or services we can take photos and videos to promote our company. If you do not want this information to be used, please be so kind to previously inform our staff.
- Formosamar, Lda. has available a complaints book and reports directly to ASAE.
Licences and Insurances
- Formosamar is a fully licensed company with the registration No. 123/2009 of the Tourism Board of Portugal.
- Our activities are certified as Ecotourism by the ICNF - the Portuguese Institute for Conservation of Nature and Forests.
- We have all the mandatory insurance legislation.
Omission and other questions
- Omissions and other questions not covered by these terms and conditions will be discussed with Formosamar and are subjected to the applicable Portuguese law