Unfortunately, there is no seats available at this specific time. Please pick up another date or time.
Embark on an ecotourism experience in Ria Formosa on board a confortable pontoon boat.
In the company of a nature tour guide, on this boat trip you will discover why Ria Formosa was elected one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal. And because the birds are one of the highlights of this Park they deserve special attention.
Considered one of the most important wetlands for aquatic birds in Portugal, during the tour we observe birds like the White Stork (Ciconia ciconia), Little Egret (Egretta garzetta) and the Spoonbill (Platalea leucorodia).
Waders are most abundant especially during winter, although birds like the Whimbrel (Numenius phaeopus), the Turnstone (Arenaria interpres) and the Grey Plover (Pluvialis squatarola) are a constant presence. The trip continues towards the islands of the Natural Park through oyster and clams farms.
Here you will have the opportunity to see one of the most important economical activities in the Algarve and also very interesting species such as the Black-tailed Godwit (Limosa limosa), the Oystercatcher (Haematopus ostralegus) and many others.
Towards the point where the lagoon meets the sea, we make a stop so you may enjoy this small paradise. This is an important reproduction area for the Little Tern (Sterna albifrons) and the Kentish Plover (Charadrius alexandrinus). During wintertime we often observe the Sandwich Tern (Sterna sandvicensis) and the Greater Flamingo (Phoenicopterus roseus).
During our trip back we will have many opportunities to observe other species while our boat sails calmly through the channels of this Natural Park in direction to the city of Faro.
• 2-hour boat trip (includes a stop of 15 to 20 minutes in a deserted beach)
• Use of binoculars
• Life vests
• Local guide
• Live commentary on board
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (Optional)
• All other extras
• A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required.
• A maximum of 11 people per booking.
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• Wheelchair accessible.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your skipper, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our skippers deem this advisable.
• This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is solely to the skipper.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
Our two hour trip went too quickly. The boat was very comfortable, and the guide very knowledgeable. We saw may species of birds, and learnt about the lagoon and wet lands. We went right to the entrance to the Atlantic, and the scenery was impressive. Our favourties were the storks, but we thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the trip.
Two-hour birdwatching tour led by driver / biologist Patricia. Comfortable flat boat with maximum 12 people, excellent commentary, good binoculars provided. Bonus was a walk on the sand spit with ocean one side and lagoon the other, and coming back to Faro at sunset. Highly recommended.
We had Pedro as our guide for the 2 hour Ria Formosa bird watching trip. We were advised to go in the late afternoon / early evening and it was well worth it. We saw a lot of birds and Pedro was clearly passionate about what he does.
We had a great time on this tour. The pontoon boat was very comfortable. Pedro was our guide and he was extremely knowledgeable. His personality is super and he created a very positive atmosphere. Very affordable trip and highly recommend!
We had a lovely trip round the Ria Formosa with an excellent guide. The osprey entertained us with its diving for fish and later seen eating a fish. Lots of other species to see, though the flamingos weren't visible as the tides were too low while we were there. The 16.30 tour is a great end to the day. Thanks.
We were delighted with this tour. Our expert guide identified the many different birds that we saw. Quality binoculars were provided.
Esta empresa, proporciona passeios na Ria, com excelente explicação sobre a Flora e Fauna da Ria Formosa, deixe-se encantar, pela Ria!
Passeio lindissimo para conhecer uma das maravilhas naturais de Portugal - a Ria Formosa
Memorable tour !!! My husband and I went on a birdwatching boat tour in January (Through the Nature of Ria Formosa); there was only one other person on board, excluding the guide, which made the outing feel even more unique. Our multilingual guide Francisco was extremely pleasant, professional and knowledgeable. We had a memorable time and highly recommend this tour !!!